The new trend that is revolutionizing the clothing trade is that of personalized t-shirts. In this regard, we must point out that the sublimation technique is in charge of exclusively preparing personalized garments; With this technique you will have various printing options, you only have to use the materials required for sublimation and the rest will be pure creativity.
It is also necessary to point out that with the sublimation technique you can also make designs such as: business uniforms or t-shirts to celebrate a special and unforgettable event. You can also print t-shirts for your family and friends, and make them adapt to the personality of each one of them.
The possibilities that the sublimation technique offers you are really multiple and infinite; With it, you will also save a good amount of money, since renewing your wardrobe will be something simple and fun.
Printing t-shirts in 2 steps
The sublimation technique for printing t-shirts will not take up much time, since to execute it you will only use: a sublimation printer, a transfer or also called a sublimation iron, and also sublimation paper. We provide the sublimation printing in Dallas so let’s explaint the printing process.
The printing process in the sublimation technique, contains the following process:
– To begin you must choose your design; For this, you can choose it from the design platforms found on the networks, and also edit it with Photoshop, Corel Draw or another similar program.
– The second step that you must take is to print the chosen design with ink used for sublimation; For this step you will use an inkjet printer, as well as high-quality ink and paper, special for sublimation.
– Already in the third step you will transfer the image to your t-shirt; there you must apply heat and pressure with the sublimation iron, so that in this way the ink penetrates the textile fibers of your shirt.
– As the last step, you must let the shirt dry in contact with the air for 2 days; The rest you have left is to release it to look spectacular.
Tips for a good finish on printed t-shirts
In order for you to have an excellent finish on your printed t-shirts, you must follow some tricks that have already been used by expert professionals in this type of technique, and these are:
-The amount of polyester that the t-shirts must have is at least 67% ( You can also use cotton, but it is not recommended) at least, all this to guarantee that the print has greater durability.
– As a suggestion, we recommend using white or pastel colors for your t-shirts as they can create the perfect contrast for your designs.
– The inks that you should use for the best performance of the sublimation technique are the ones that can withstand the most heat. You will have the prevention of not using Dye or pigmented inks.
– We also recommend that you use a suitable program to edit images. In this way the designs you make will have higher resolution, sharpness and better color. The most used are Photoshop, CorelDraw and Illustrator
Printing cotton t-shirts
To use this sublimation technique in printing t-shirts, we do not recommend the use of cotton; This does not mean that you cannot use it for this purpose, but if you want to use it, you must use a special type of polyester-based paper, since it supports high temperatures and great pressure; however, the latter will not support recurrent washing.
Among other options that you can implement, is the silk-screen printing technique with a special liquid, which will add an additional layer of polyester; however, it is a much more complex technique than the previous one. For this technique you should put the shirt to dry for 2 to 3 days.
Transfer to print t-shirts
The sublimation technique, also called heat fixing, is a technique that uses pressure and heat to fix the designs on your t-shirts. The ink in solid form will turn into a gas to penetrate the shirt to be sublimated. With this technique, you can also print designs on objects made of various materials.
Regarding the transfer technique, it consists of using a thin vinyl to print a design on it, which will then be transferred to your t-shirt.
The difference that exists between these two techniques is that with the sublimation technique you can print designs on objects of various materials ranging from cups, glasses to caps that do not have cotton material, with a finish that is almost imperceptible to the touch.
The transfer technique can only be used on textiles such as cotton and polyester, and the finish is much less flexible, and is very noticeable to the touch.
So that you can print your t-shirts at a low cost, the transfer technique is the most recommended option, however, and as we already mentioned in previous lines, this technique does not offer great printing durability.
Take care of printed t-shirts correctly
In order to obtain greater durability in the prints of your t-shirts, you must take special care. Here are some
suggestions in this regard:
– You should wash them with cold water in the washing machine. If you decide to wash them by hand, we suggest you not scrub them too much; for this it will be better that you wash them backwards.
– You should preferably use liquid soap.
– Avoid using chlorine or bleach on dark colored shirts.
– You must dry them in the sun.
– If you want to iron your t-shirts, you must do so with moderate heat and also place them on the reverse side without passing the iron through the print.
By following these steps your t-shirts will be able to last a long time, thus keeping the design intact.
With the sublimation technique you can have a used shirt with a great personalized design, which will look like new. Also with this technique you can print t-shirts and design everything you want, since it allows you to print on objects such as: t-shirts, glasses, plates, key chains, caps and many more.
What you will really need to learn the sublimation technique is will, creativity and above all the desire to start your own business or brand, with only a minimum investment.
Now that you know how laborious and complex it is to print t-shirts, in addition to all the process involved in this technique, we recommend that you create your personalized t-shirt in just minutes, at Positivos.com. Take a look at our custom t-shirts .