In the past, when motorcycle riding was enjoyed by a few and known only to some, motorcyclists encountered a few problems that later on led to the invention of some motorcycle gears. One of these is the motorcycle windshield.
Motorcycle riding requires you to expose yourself to different elements such as the sun, wind, earth, and sometimes water. The open road is Motorrad Windschilder filled with harsh elements that you need to protect your body from. For example, the UV rays from the sun could do a lot of damage to your skin. Even the wind can bring irritants such as dust and pollution. Precipitation such as rain and hail can be a risk factor when you are driving. These are only the most common things you need to protect yourself from whenever you are driving on an open road.
The most common problem that bikers complain about is wind fatigue. They usually get this from driving too long especially on a hot and windy day. As a result, motorcycle companies have produced a protective gear for their customers-the motorcycle windshield. This motorcycle gear gets even more popular nowadays, and it is considered as the gear with the most number of sales among motorcycle fans and bikers.
If you still have not bought one for yourself, you are probably thinking of running to your nearest motorcycle shop and purchasing the first motorcycle windshield you can find. But before you do that, you need to know a few things in choosing a motorcycle windshield.
A motorcycle windshield would be a hassle to use if it does not fit properly. Do not overlook this feature because you need one that properly sits on the headlight of your motorcycle. Forgot to measure your headlight diameter? Do not worry. There are a lot of universal windshields in the market today that make it easier for you to find that perfect fit.
2.Let it suit your riding style.
Each one of us yearns to be unique. With motorcycle windshield, you can achieve just that. Be sure to choose a design that goes well with your motorbike or your personality if you want. Just be sure that the angle matches the forks in the front of your motorcycle. Also take note of the height of the top of the windshield. It should be as high as the tip of your nose while you are assuming your most comfortable riding position.
3.Buy the proper mounting kit.
Kits let you do jobs easier, and fortunately, proper mounting kits for motorcycle windshield are available in the market. Be sure to thoroughly inspect the tools inside the kit before deciding to purchase it.
Now that you know how to choose the proper motorcycle windshield and its specifications, you are now ready for installation. Before mounting up your windshield be sure you have enough time on your hands, about 40 minutes. It all depends on your skill, and if you have had some experience in the past, then you will find this easier to do.
Before anything, be sure to prepare all the materials in one area. Then, level your motorcycle on the ground, making sure that you secure the side stand or the kick stand. The mounting kit comes with a manual, so be sure to read everything that is written on it before beginning. Do not underestimate the knowledge that an instruction manual can give you. You will Windschild Motorrad learn a lot from it and it will surely add to your motorcycle expertise. Here is a step-by-step guide on how to mount your own motorcycle windshield.
- Windshields become more flexible when heated, so you need to warm it up before installation. This will make the job easier on you.
- A motorcycle windshield has a protective covering. Carefully remove this plastic sheet starting from the edge.
- If you have bought a windshield that needs to be contoured, start by holding it on both sides. Bring it near the front of your motorcycle and slowly start bending to fit the contour of your motorcycle. If you want to skip this step next time, you can buy a ready and contoured windshield shape.
- To secure the windshield, take the screws from the mounting kit and carefully screw it to the front of your motorcycle. As you do this, be sure that no wire or any other accessory gets caught as you install it.
- Check the windshield if it has been mounted properly. When you are happy with the results, you can now use your motorcycle.
- Installing a motorcycle windshield does not have to be such a hassle. Thanks to mounting kits, you no longer need someone to do it for you.