The advancements in technology of the 21st century have made the treatment of complex diseases like cancers easily accessible to all.
Stem Cell therapy is one such technological advancement that has become a relevant discovery in the field of medicine. It holds the power to cure the majority of medical conditions and has a high success rate.
Stem Cell therapy is a complex procedure and is usually expensive in many developed countries, which makes the whole treatment of the disease pricey.
If you are confused about selecting the right destination for your stem cell therapy, Thailand might be a convenient option for you. This is because the stem cell therapy cost in Thailand starts from 4000 USD which is comparatively cheaper than in more Western countries like the USA.
Apart from this, the facilities offered in the hospitals of Thailand are much better than those of other countries, making the therapy procedure smooth and easy.
In this blog, let us explore stem cell therapy and its affordability in Thailand.
What are Stem Cells?
Stem cells are specialized cells in the human body that hold the tendency to divide and form new cells called daughter cells inside the body or in the laboratory under appropriate conditions.
Stem Cells can be extremely helpful in fixing the damaged tissues in the body ranging from the muscles to the brain. They are basically of two types- Embryonic Stem Cells and Adult Stem Cells.
Stem cells can also be useful in regenerative medicine for autoimmune, inflammatory, neurological, orthopedic, and traumatic injuries.
The technology is believed to cure a diverse number of diseases in the future, including paralysis, Alzheimer’s disease, and even cancers!
What is Stem Cell Therapy?
Stem Cell therapy is a type of regeneration process of the cells in the human body. It is a procedure that stimulates the body’s natural healing cycle to fix the damaged, diseased or injured cells in the body by decreasing inflammation and regulating the immune system.
Stem Cell therapy is used as a cure for many diseases. Some of them are:-
- Hematologic malignancy
- Bone Marrow syndromes
- Genetic metabolic diseases
- Genetic immune system disorders
- Autoimmune disorders
- Neurological disorders
- Liver diseases
- Cardiovascular diseases
- Lung diseases
- Kidney disease.
Apart from this, conditions like Crohn’s disease, Multiple Sclerosis, Lupus, Parkinson’s, ALS, stroke recovery, severe skin burns, and seriously damaged corneas can also be cured through stem cell therapy.
A type of stem cell therapy called hematopoietic stem cell transplantation can help in treating blood cancers like leukemia.
Stem Cell Therapy Cost in Thailand
The Stem cell therapy cost in Thailand is extremely affordable and pocket friendly compared to many Western nations.
Apart from this, Thailand is the first Asian country to achieve the Joint Commission International (JCI) status, which makes it a destination with an excellent healthcare system.
The stem cell therapy cost in Thailand starts from USD 4000 and can range up to USD 50000 for one cycle. The overall cost can alter depending on the severity of the illness, the number of cycles, the doctor, and the facilities the patient chooses.
The starting cost of stem cell therapies for some diseases is mentioned below for your reference.
- Stem Cell infection – Starts from USD 8000
- Erectile Dysfunction- Starts from USD 10500
- Arthritis- Starts from USD 20000
- Transplant for Cancer- Starts from USD 46000
- Bone Marrow Transplant- Starts from USD 40000
- Stroke- Starts from USD 15000
- Spinal cord injury- Starts from USD 28000
Best Stem Cell Therapy Hospitals in Thailand
- Samitivej Sukhumvit Hospital, Bangkok- Established in 1979, this Multi Speciality hospital is one the best private hospital chains in Thailand accredited by JCI. It has cultivated more than 40 specialized medical centers, which include the Liver & Digestive Institute, Women’s Health Centre including Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Bone, Joint, and Spine Centre, Surgery Clinic, Heart Institute, Bone Marrow & Stem Cell Transplantation Centre, Breast Centre, Fertility Centre, Hair Restoration Medical center, Knee Health Centre, Neurology Centre, Oncology Centre, and many others. The hospital was included in the list of the top five hospitals worldwide for medical tourism in 2018 by The Medical Travel Quality Alliance.
- Vejthani Hospital, Bangkok- This Multi Speciality hospital was established in the year 1994 and is one the most well-known medical centers in the country. It specializes in the treatment of various neurological conditions such as migraines, headaches, and Parkinson’s disease, as well as brain tumor removal, pain management, and neural stem cell therapy. The hospital has been awarded multiple awards including The Best Precision Award for Architect chemistry family integrated chip technology (ICT) in 2012, the Thailand Consumers Choice Award in 2007 – 2008, and Consumer’s Choice Award in 2007-2008.
- Bangkok Hospital- Established in the year 1972, this Multi Speciality medical institute offers excellent care to patients with emergencies. It is proficient in providing various treatments like Brain Surgery, Brain Tumors, Minimal Invasive Neurosurgery, Head Injury, Cerebral aneurysm, Arteriovenous malformation (AVM), Functional Neurosurgery: Deep brain stimulation (DBS), and Neural stem cell therapy.
- Yanhee Hospital, Bangkok- Established in the year 1984, Yanhee Multi Speciality Hospital is a refined medical institution offering treatment in various domains including Plastic surgery, breast augmentation, blepharoplasty, and other cosmetic, reconstructive, and aesthetic procedures. Yanhee Hospital is an internationally accredited center that promises superior care at a reasonable cost. It is also a popular medical destination for worldwide patients.
- BNH Hospital, Bangkok- Earlier known as Bangkok Nursing Hospital, BNH Hospital is a Multi Speciality hospital established in the year 1898. It is one of the best medical institutions in South East Asia and is the first private international hospital in Thailand. This hospital is highly specialized in providing medical care to women. It has a special center for orthopedics and spine surgery. It is the home to International Travel Medicine Clinic (ITMC), the only clinic in Thailand providing expert medical travel services for individual travelers.
To conclude, Stem Cell therapy is a technological advancement that is a boon to the medicine industry as it can easily cure multiple diseases.
When it comes to selecting the destination, Thailand can be an appropriate option as it holds a gold standard in healthcare and patient safety. It is home to some of the world’s famous stem cell doctors and hospitals.
If you’re confused about selecting the treatment destination for your stem cell procedure, Thailand will be your right choice!